My media manager
This article series is planned to be published leading to the Xubuntu 16.04 release. Since 16.04 doesn't have a default media manager, it would be nice to present some options people can find in the repositories, instead of leaving them in the cold.
Question list (WIP)
- How do you listen to music?
- How large is your collection?
- What kind of listening habits do you have?
- How do you like your music to be organized?
- Do you stream music (specifically through a media manager)?
- Which media manager(s) do you use? Have you customized it? How?
- Why is the media manager(s) you use now the best choice for you?
- Have you used other media managers in the past?
- Is there something else you would like to share with us?
- Finally, feel free to talk (briefly!) about your favorite artists!
Media managers and team members
Team members, please add yourself - feel free to add for several apps where appropriate!
|Media manager||Members in the team using||Article draft (need to be logged)|
|Audacious (with Library plugin)||flocculant|
|No media manager|
|Cloud players etc.||jjfrv8, slickymaster, dkessel, bluesabre|
|None, play media with mplayer||pleia2|
The small details
This article series is planned to be published leading to the Xubuntu 16.04 release. 16.04 is an LTS release, and for many, it's the first new release they are going to upgrade to/install. A lot of things have happened in 2 years; this article series should highlight some new features that the team has included in Xubuntu since 14.04. Additionally, even older but lesser known features can be highlighted.
The articles should be relatively short but comprehensive, so we can only cover more or less trivial things.
Ideas for articles
- Using the presentation mode
- Panel layout switching (could be presented with a brief tutorial to create some kind of panel layout)
- Using workspaces (no specific idea, feel free to suggest)
- Something about wallpapers (mention community wallpapers, maybe wallpaper rotating?)
|Article||Article draft (need to be logged)||Comments|
|Text editor and terminal color schemes||https://xubuntu.org/?p=3755&preview=true|
|Theme color configuration||https://xubuntu.org/?p=3759&preview=true|
|Personal information integration||https://xubuntu.org/?p=3763&preview=true|
|Shortcut keys||https://xubuntu.org/?p=3770&preview=true||Should this only cover WM keys?|
|Panel Layout||https://xubuntu.org/?p=3830&preview=true||Include backing up/restoring ?|